Hiring the right New York Photographer for you New York Wedding is critical to planning your dream wedding in New York or destination wedding.. and it can be also quite stressful. Where do you go for advice? Who do you trust? etc.. Is totally normal for couples to feel overwhelmed or confused. this is what you need to do first:
- Search online: Spend some time on the Internet or asking friends who've recently married. Think about what kind of Photography are looking for, traditional, modern, conservative, casual, etc.. This way when you meet with your New York Photographer you can better idea of what to look out for.
- Meet with your Photographer: In person is the best way to interview a potential wedding vendor and see his style and professionalism. If he is ina different country or State use Skype or Ichat.
The Photographer personality: The truth is that you are going to spend with your photographer a lot of time and you want to build a long relationship with them. From the initial meeting to emails planning your day, working on the engagement session, the wedding day, selecting your art work to for your home, getting the right images for the album and the bridal session. Making sure they have a personality that you connect is very important.
- Ask questions: Ask, ask, and ask again. Make sure you get clear specific answer to your questions. the best wedding professional are patient, understanding and take time to help to make the best choice for YOUR wedding.
- Pay attention: Watch the body language. Are they confident and comfortable with their response? Do they look professional? Does he looks professional?
- Check his reviews: portfolios are picked to show off the best work, read his reviews on his Facebook page, Yelp or other websites. Referrals from from satisfied clients are hard to fake.
- Cost: Cost is definitely important when selecting a wedding photographer, however, cost shouldn't be the only factor. This is the must important day of your life! We have heard all those nightmares tales from brides that are making their decision on wedding photography simply on cost alone. It should be a combination of good service, experience, skills and price.
- Wedding albums: Your wedding photographer should be providing you with a high quality wedding album. An album that you will show to your future generations. Is one of those things on life that you will keep it forever!
- Coverage: Clarify about the timeline of your day to see how much you and he needs to capture your wedding day. Make sure they are there to document the whole story. A typical wedding day requires 8-10 hours.
SOME QUESTIONS MUST ASK A WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER IN NEW YORK BEFORE BOOKING THEM.
- How much experience do you have?
- How much do you cost?
- How much is the deposit?
- What specifically is included in that cost?
- What happens if I cancel? What happens if you cancel?
- Do you use a contract? A contract is designed to protect you both you and the photographer.
- Are there any additional fees? (taxes, travel fees, etc..)
- Do you carry any liability insurance?
If chosen wisely with the right Wedding Photographer you will have no problems on your wedding day and you can be focus on enjoying The Best day of your life... by the way, if you find the right photographer.. Keep it forever! There are hard to find and they will take those baby and family shots in the future ;-)
-Alberto Lama Photography | New York Wedding Photographer located in New York city area serving all New York, Miami and destinations world wide. Click here to learn more about New York wedding Photographers.
Hello & Hola! I am an experienced wedding photographer & storyteller based out of New York City and Mexico City with a passion for storytelling through the lens. Whether it’s a smile or a kiss, a portrait or a place, I ensure dedicated attention to each and every shot – resulting in beautiful, high quality photography capturing your moment.
Growing up in the vibrant surroundings of Mexico City, I developed an eye for beauty from a young age - be it in the obvious or the unexpected. After moving to New York City in 2002, I turned this eye into my passion: photography. I studied at The New York Institute of Photography and currently belong to the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP), The National Press Photographers Association (NPPA) and the Professional Photographers of America (PPA). I've been honored to have showcased my work at numerous exhibitions including at the Soho Gallery for Digital Art, Museo del Barrio in Harlem and Art in Times Square, and was thrilled to be selected as a photo contributor in National Geographic’s “Life in a Day” film (2011) produced by Ridley Scott.
I am bi-lingual in Spanish & English; available for weddings in the New York City area, Mexico and further destinations. When not busy taking pictures, I can be found writing my first book "Aprende Fotografia y su Negocio," working on language #3 (German), and scouring the food scene for the perfect taco al pastor (not so easy). I currently reside on Manhattan’s Upper West Side with my wife and partner in crime, Lauren.
From weddings, engagements and proposals to family and individual portraits, locations to events, let my team & I turn your moment into something spectacular!